Friday, January 21, 2011

BLOGoversary: 1 Year

Happy Birthday to Heya, Sparky! you're 1 year old.

I hope that throughout this year I've expressed my sincere gratitude to everyone reading these words for all the ways your presence has shaped & molded my year.

Last January when I started typing away, it was for me me me. But then one day I realized people were actually reading this thing... & not just my mom or the 3 people I could account for from leaving comments. There were like actual people reading along. And then I made friends. Wonderful, sweet friends. And then people who are far away from me were connecting to my everyday life in a way they weren't able to before. And then even more people were reading if you can believe it. And, just as it should be, my focus became more about you you you.

Fantastic you.

So with a year's experience now under my belt, I have some goals of how I'm going to better take care of YOU folks from this benchmark on.
  1. Take better pictures. You deserve the planning it takes & I'm going to try to step it up a notch. Quality over quantity.
  2. Keep it Real. Sometimes things are just silly & I like to share, but looking back I think the best posts are the ones that come from the heart. I'll try to keep that in my focus.
  3. Stay a Joiner. I'm really loving the "I'm a Joiner" page even though it's still tiny & growing. I hope to turn it into a place of resource when we're looking for somewhere to plug in with one another.
BLOGoversary Giveaway

As my big thank you to everyone for a great year, I have a little something to give away. (Actually 2 little somethings! Keep reading...) I made it myself so I hope you like it...

Wire & Lace Brooch
"Lovely" - 3" x 1.5"

Prize #1
Win a custom wire & lace brooch with a word of your choice.
To enter, "like" Heya, Sparky! on Facebook. You can use the link or the box under the Contact Me section to the left.

Prize #2
Win this brooch with phrase"lovely".
 To enter, grab a button & add me to your blogroll. Leave a comment letting me know you did. Please make sure you link back or leave an email address so I can contact you if you win!

Both winners will be drawn at random on Sunday. Go ahead & enter for both!

Cheers to a great year spent together 
& another great year to come!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Blog-o-versary tooooooooooo yooooooooooouuuuuuuuu. That's me singing :) I can't believe it's only been a year. It feels longer...but in a good way. Aw, don't lose the silly stuff or at least not all of it. That's what I love about you! I hear you on better pictures. Not that I think yours are bad, but I'm always striving to make mine better.

    I just want to say, I really enjoy your blog and I'm glad we've gotten to be friends because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with AlyGatr...you can't just get rid of the silly stuff!! I mean...that's a big part of YOU too! And that's a big part of why WE love you!

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool giveaway! Well, I liked you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked you on facebook and added your button to my Blogs on My Checklist page.

    Happy One Year! I'm so glad to have "met" you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for one year!!! I LOVE the new green background - keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.